Looking for a delicious dessert to surprise your children on Children’s Day, but worried about their health? Prepare this healthy and wholesome apple-based muffin!
Children’s Day is here, and it’s time for you to celebrate the joy they bring to your life. The effortless laughs and fun lightens our mood all the time, isn’t it. So dear Moms, why not think of ways to brighten your little one’s day too? And what’s better than some yummy food to do that?
There are many ways to make your child happy! Dancing, playtime, amusement park visits, screen time and more, but there’s nothing quite like a food indulgence!
So moms, get ready with all your kitchen utilities to surprise your little one with a special recipe. Here’s a delightful idea that offers a mix of taste and health, and it has been shared by celebrity chef Amrita Raichand on her YouTube page.
Apple and rosemary muffin for your children
We have all grown up hearing how ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’. And while there’s no denying that apples are one of the most nourishing fruits, they can always be given an interesting twist along with the essence of rosemary. Try these Apple and rosemary muffins and make Children’s Day special for your children!
Apple and rosemary muffin recipe for your children
- Oats – 150gm
- Jaggery Powder – 65gms
- Yogurt – 1tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cooking oil – 60-gms
- Diced apple – 120 gm
- Fresh Rosemary sprigs – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Almond Flakes – 75 gm
- Line a muffin tray with liners. Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- In a hot pan, add butter, diced apple, sugar & rosemary. Let the mixture simmer till the apple softens. Cool down the mixture & keep aside.
- Grind the oats to flour. Now take a bowl & sieve the flour along with baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar & yogurt. Add vanilla essence & whisk again.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture followed by the apple mixture & gently fold it in until combined. Do not over mix. We want a lumpy batter.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill ¾ th of the muffin liner.
- Add some almond flakes on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 mins or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for a bit and serve them warm or let them cool completely & store in an airtight container.
Chef’s Tip: They taste best when slightly warm.
Get creative and treat your children with this recipe!