Hometown: Mumbai, India
Age: 28 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Natasha Noel
- Natasha Noel is an Indian YouTuber who instructs Dance -Yoga on her social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. She is also a professional dancer, a lifestyle blogger, and a health enthusiast.
- Natasha Noel’s mother committed suicide when Natasha was three and a half years old. Her mother burnt herself in front of Natasha. Her father was a Schizophrenia patient. Natasha was brought up by her father’s elder sister and her family.
- Natasha was raped at the age of seven by her domestic help. Natasha was advised by the mother of that male servant to run away from her home with the male servant. Natasha Noel was told by that lady that nobody would accept and love her in future. Natasha was physically molested and abused by her cousin brothers and sisters till the age of fifteen. Natasha in an interview with a media house that after the rape incident she did not like to see herself in the mirror. She narrated,
When we go through something very difficult, we feel the world is against us. I was so disgusted that I didn’t even want to look in the mirror. It became difficult for me to accept the love from people who mean it in the real sense.”
- At the age of ten, her family took Natasha to a psychiatrist. Natasha was given a piece of paper and a pencil to express her emotions on it. Natasha drew some beautiful pictures and art on paper. There she recognised to follow art in her life. At the age of sixteen, she learnt jazz, ballet, and contemporary dancing forms, and soon, she started working as a professional dancer along with pursuing her college education.
- When she was in the second year of college, she fell from height and injured her knee at the age of seventeen. Consequently, doctors advised her to leave dancing. In a conversation with Educational World media, she explained how she opted for dance-yoga when she never wanted to become a yoga teacher. She stated,
I had a really bad knee injury and I had to stop my professional dance. Yoga came at a time when I needed it the most. Honestly, I never wanted to be a yoga teacher. I just wanted to learn because yoga is so vast you can’t do one Teacher’s Training Course and you’re done. You keep learning and you keep growing. But all my teachers persuaded me to start teaching and I did. I’m still learning and teaching now.”
- Natasha was in a serious relationship at the age of seventeen and that relationship ended when she was 21 years old. Her godmother advised her to focus on her education; but, she expressed her feelings to her mother that she wanted to become a dancer and desired to travel globally.
- After leaving dance as a profession, she chose photography as her dream. The pictures of dancers were clicked by her to feel like home in them. In an interview with Verve magazine, she elucidated that how after completing her graduation in English Literature and quitting the dance as a profession, she slipped into depression. She further added how she opted for yoga as a profession. She disclosed,
Around this time, I failed a year in college and that just compounded my misery. Eventually, I was diagnosed with depression and it got to a point where I just wanted to be able to stop hating and begin accepting myself. And this is when I discovered yoga. On Instagram, I saw these women doing incredible handstands and I was so amazed by that strength, beauty and grace. That was when I got into yoga…through Instagram. Initially, I learned through social media and books and by watching YouTube videos.”
- Natasha began scrolling YouTube yoga videos at the age of 21. Soon, she enrolled herself at the Yoga Institute, Santa Cruz East, Mumbai, for three months yoga course. Soon after completing the course, she began teaching Yoga – dance at the Yoga Institute in Santa Cruz (East) and Future School of Performing Arts at Kalina, Mumbai. She also started posting her yoga videos on her Facebook and Instagram accounts. In a conversation with Verve magazine, she disclosed her favourite yoga style. She then answered,
My favourite yoga pose is lying down and hugging my legs. It’s called Pawanmuktasana and anyone can do this. You can even do it with one leg — what you do in this case is you hug one leg and extend the other on the floor.”
- She is followed by over 304k people on Instagram and 277k people on Facebook. There are more than 697k subscribers of her YouTube channel.
- Several motivational speaking platforms like Josh Talks and TEDx often invite Natasha Noel to deliver motivational lectures based on her life experiences.
- Natasha Noel is often featured by various Indian magazines and tabloids on their cover page.
- As per Natasha Noel, feminism is allowing every human to fulfil their potential with empowerment and letting each woman take their life decisions by themselves. In a conversation with a media house, she expressed her opinion on feminism. She explained,
Feminism to me is allowing every human to reach their fullest potential. Feminism is empowering every child and woman to own her mind, body, intellect without second-guessing. It’s allowing women to take control of their lives and be the woman they are supposed to be and be whatever definition of feminine is for them.”
- In an interview with a media house, Natasha disclosed that her favourite place for doing yoga postures was the beach. She narrated,
My favourite place is the beach. I love the feeling of sand between my toes and the sound of the ocean. So, Goa is my favourite place to practise yoga. And I like the challenge that comes with doing yoga on a sandy surface because it works my core even more.”
- Various beauty products are often advertised by Natasha Noel on her social media account.
- As per Natasha Noel, she is regularly invited by the International Yoga Festival every year since 2016. In an interview with Verve magazine in 2018, she stated,
For the last two or three years, I’ve been going for the International Yoga Festival, which takes place in Rishikesh.”
- Natasha Noel is an animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet cat and dog on her social media account.
- Natasha Noel was asked about her yoga asanas in a leotard. She then answered in a conversation with Asian Age media,
I don’t understand why one cannot go beyond the physical body. This one time, someone commented on one of my posts asking me why I practise in a leotard. I decided then and there that I wasn’t going to get into this conversation and didn’t respond to that. But, another girl responded to it saying if several male yogis do it in chaddis, what’s wrong with a leotard?”