Age: 50 Years
Death Date: 13/10/2021
Some Lesser Facts About Kaizzad Capadia
- Kaizzad Capadia is an Indian celebrity fitness coach. He is famous for becoming the co-founder and director of the fitness academy ‘K11 Fitness Academy’ in 2002.
- Kaizzad was born in a Parsi family and was interested in being strong since his childhood.
- When he was 15 years old in 1987, he weighed 49 kg and was a little skinny. He wanted to prove to everyone that he was not weak and tiny.
- As a teenager, he was obsessed with lifting any object which was heavier than him. He fell in love with weights and the gym because of his obsession with strength. In 1987, after giving SSC Board exams, he went to the gym for the first time on 15th May.
- During his graduation days, he took part in many bodybuilding competitions. He won the first bodybuilding competition in 1989.
- He won the Junior Mr Mumbai when he was 18, and in the same year, he was placed in the second position in Jr. Mr India. In 2005, he won Mr Mumbai and in 2006 and 2008, he won Mr Maharashtra.
- He was a curious kid and wanted to gain more knowledge about his diet and workouts. He used to apply the information gained from books in the gym and it gave him great results.
- He then gained the sense to understand the science behind bodybuilding and losing weight.
- His parents were supportive, and his mother had requested the MD and Chairman of Tata Steel, Rusi Mody to give work to Kaizzad at Rs. 3000. He went to Jamshedpur for work but returned after one year as he was not able to grow in the field.
- His mother then approached fitness expert Madhukar Talwalkar. He helped Kaizzad become the first professional full-time personal trainer in 1999.
- In 1999, one of his clients asked him if Kaizzad would help him set up a gym. This was the time when he started his first project ‘Exert’ and he became a gym set-up consultant.
- In 2002, he started his own gym consultancy for setting up gyms. He opened ‘K11 Fitness Management Co. Pvt. Ltd.’ There was a staff of 11 people so the name was was kept as K11.
- The staff that he recruited needed proper coaching, which led to the establishment of the K11 Academy of Fitness Sciences.
- Kaizzad is known as the pioneer of personal training. According to Kaizaad, fitness and being healthy are two different things. In an interview, he said,
Health is a physiological state meaning ‘normal functioning’ of the body. If all pathological values are normal, you’re ‘healthy’, but ‘fitness’ is the ability to perform physical tasks beyond what is expected from a normal human being. If a 50 year old looks and functions like a 50 year old, then in all probability, he or she is ‘healthy’. But if that 50 year old looks and functions like a 25 year old, then we have a very ‘fit’ human being and if a 50 year old looks, behaves and performs like a 70 year old then we have a very ‘unfit’ individual and ironically such an individual could be healthy at the same time.”
- Giving advice to young bodybuilders, in an interview, he said,
Get educated and keep educating yourself and gaining knowledge – always have a thirst to know more. More importantly, apply all that you learn; and most importantly, lead by example.
- According to him, his biggest achievement is to see his K11 students doing well in life.
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures with dogs on Instagram.
- He has a keen interest in two-wheelers, and he has a big collection of bikes.
- On 13 October 2021, it was reported that Kazziad died due to Covid-19 even after taking the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.