Ajit Sodhi is an Indian actor and assistant director in films. He is famous for being the son of the veteran Indian actress and philanthropist Nafisa Ali.
Ajit Ahmed Sodhi was born on Saturday, 8 April 1989 (age 32 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Aries. He did his schooling at The British School, New Delhi.
In 2012, he completed his graduation in Business, Management, and Economics at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 15″
His father, Colonel R S Sodhi, is a former polo player and the recipient of the Arjuna Award. His mother, Nafisa, is a veteran actress and social worker. He has two sisters, Pia Sodhi and Armana Sodhi.
Ajit was born to a Punjabi father and a Muslim mother.
In 2018, he started his career as an assistant director in the Hindi feature film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ (2019) and the short film ‘Sepia’ (2019). He then became a venture partner at the software company ‘Favcy’ in Gurgaon, Haryana. He is slated to act in the Hindi films ‘Jee Bhar Ke Jee Le’ and ‘Border 2.’
- During an interview, he shared how his mother had helped him in acting. He said,
She comes to the shoot whenever she can and advises me to not squint my eyes. She always says that acting is about expressing oneself through their eyes and it requires the actor to maintain eye contact with the audience. I’m slowly learning and hope my mom will be proud of me for that.”
- Ajit is an avid sports lover and has participated in various sports like Polo and Football. He has been associated with the Indian football academy ‘Roots Football Academy.’
- He has been featured in various Indian magazines like Filmfare.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- In an interview, he was asked how he thought of making his career in acting. He said,
I had thought of acting, but only in my dreams. I never thought I would pursue it. I was part of the theatre group in school and college, but standing in front of the cameras and portraying a role for a large population wasn’t something I planned for.”