Marriage Date: 22 April 2004
Age: 40 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aarti Sehwag
- Aarti Sehwag is an Indian businesswoman who is the director of four companies – Eventura Creations Private Limited, AVS Healthcare Private Limited, Asv Event Management Private Limited, Smgk Agro Impex Private Limited, etc. She is best known for being the wife of former Indian cricketer Virendra Sehwag.
- In 1980, Sehwag’s cousin brother got married to the maternal aunt of Aarti. Sehwag and Aarti met for the first time at that wedding; at that time, Sehwag was seven, while Aarti was five years old. Soon, they became good friends. Over time, their friendship consolidated, and they fell in love with each other.
- After spending 14 years together, Sehwag proposed to Aarti in May 2002, and Aarti accepted the proposal.
- After dating each other for almost three years, both decided to get married, and they finally tied the knot on 22 April 2004.
- In an interview, Sehwag revealed that initially their parents were against the marriage as both families are close relatives, and in his community, marriage within close relations is not permissible. Sehwag further revealed that it took some time for him and Aarti to convince their parents of the marriage.
- On 9 January 2014, at an awards ceremony in Delhi, Aarti was honoured with WCRC Leaders Asia Excellence Award.
- In 2014, she received the 5th Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award for her efforts to make Sehwag International School one of the most innovative institutions.
- In 2016, Sehwag took to Twitter to wish Aarti on her birthday. He wrote,
Happy Birthday Biwi ji @AartiSehwag . #16December ,already a movie on your date of birth. Sachha pyaar aur 100 ka note Mushkil Se milta hai,”
Happy Birthday Biwi ji @AartiSehwag .#16December ,already a movie on your date of birth.
Sachha pyaar aur 100 ka note Mushkil Se milta hai. pic.twitter.com/KJHTiHCAyh
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) December 16, 2016
- In 2019, she lodged a complaint of fraudulent activity at a police station in New Delhi against her business partner Rohit Kakkar. Aarti and Rohit were business partners at Smgk Agro Impex Private Limited. In her complaint, Aarti said that apart from Rohit, there were six more partners associated with the firm who committed a fraud of around INR 4.5 crores by using her name. She also revealed that they would often make a forged signature of her in these dealings. She filed complaints against them under IPC 1860, 420, 468, 471, and 34.
- She used to attend the cricket matches when Sehwag was playing for India, and Sehwag considered her a lucky charm.
- She remains very active on various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. She has more than 204K followers on her Instagram account.