Check out these expert recommended food combinations which may seem bizarre, but can lead to a wholesome and flavourful weight loss journey.
Since our childhood days, we all have been trying weird food combinations. Remember ice cream in an aerated drink? But now that we’ve grown up, and lean towards more healthy stuff, how about giving a try to some weird, but healthy food combinations? These can be nutritional, flavoursome and even aid in weight loss!
Here is a list of a few food combinations that may not just turn out tasty but are full of nutrition and aids in weight loss. While these unusual food combinations may sound weird, they actually are foods that work together in unexpected ways. Dietitian Vidhi Chawla, in a video for HealthShots, has shared a few food combinations that are not only tasty but can also help in weight loss.
Chawla exclaims, “Trying a weird food combination could be good experience, but have you heard about the bizarre food combinations? If not, there are some amazing suggestions for you that will help you to lose weight and have a fun time with the combinations”.
Food combinations that can help in weight loss
1. Apple and peanut butter :
- If you have a high metabolism rate, your weight loss journey happens at a much quicker pace. It increases your metabolism rate, which is a good way to lose weight. Therefore, one should always include food items that enhance metabolism.
- Apples are one of the richest sources of fiber and antioxidants. It also keeps you hydrated as it contains 86 percent water.
- Peanut butter contains monounsaturated fat which keeps you slim and keeping you eating food and polyunsaturated fats, which help in improving insulin metabolism.
2. Eggs and grapefruit
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein with fewer calories that keep you full for a longer time and saturated.
- As grapefruit is a citrus fruit it keeps you hydrated and you have a complete breakfast package that will put your body into a fat-burning mode.
- Also, grapefruit contains phytochemicals that help in the function of the immunity system and help the body with a side breakdown.
3. Sprouted grain Bread, avocado, and plain pepper
- Avocado sounds like a trending food topic, but it has more quality than just turning lights over your social media. The avocado maintains cholesterol and weight as they are rich in fiber.
- Sprouted grain bread contains folate, iron, vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, and protein. Sprouted grains also may have less starch and be easier to digest than regular grains.
- Adding a pinch of pepper adds spice and taste to the food and this spice also aids in weight loss.
- This common benefit of this food combination is that they keep full and saturated, which causes less appetite.
4. Apple, spinach, and ginger
- Apples are full of antioxidants and fibers and they can be consumed along with low-calorie spinach. It is loaded with fiber which works wonders when it comes to shedding some extra kilos.
- Adding a small piece of ginger adds taste and many more beneficial properties. Ginger contains phytonutrients that help you in burning fat.
- Consume these three by turning them into a fresh glass of smoothie. It’s just a drink that you need for your weight loss journey.